About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Awkward Interview

This morning I will be starting to interview for a part time receptionist job. I have two applicants this morning and a few later in the week. My first interview should have not been booked but this is a politically correct world, so I had to make the appointment. A young man sent his resume and I called him. I would hire a male if he was qualified. When he answered the phone, he stuttered. The job description was listed as "heavy phones" which means high volume of calls. Why did he send the resume? Heavy phones means stress and stutterers do not do well under stress. I know this because my degree is in Speech Pathology. I listened to every word as we had our conversation and made an interview for 9am this morning. I feel bad wasting his time, but there is no way for a person who stutters, to answer the phone in a practice that specializes in OCD.

No comments:

Post a Comment