About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Have It Your Way

Burger King used to use the slogan, "Have It Your Way". For the past few weeks I have been having a running argument with one of my patients regarding how he pays his bill. We are a time of service office and that means you pay us the day you have your appointment. When we see our patients on an intensive level (many hours a day, a few days a week), we collect in advance, in two week sessions. This patient has children that are seen four times a week. When I asked for payment in advance, he said it was too confusing. Then I asked for daily payment and he said it was too confusing. I asked him to pay with credit card and he said it was too confusing. I asked him to pay with a check and he said that no one uses paper checks anymore so that was not an option. I informed him that the majority of patients use paper checks. He said that was too confusing. I asked him to pay with cash and he said that was too confusing. I asked him what he felt would not be too confusing. His option was for his children to come here for a month, then fax the bill to him and he would go online to pay it and we would receive it a week later. That means we would always be five weeks behind in payment. I informed him that would be too confusing and if he is not happy paying daily, go somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment