About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Little Details

Last night I went to one of my favorite seafood restaurants. I probably will not be going there too much anymore. When I opened the menu, I saw that the prices had skyrocketed. The meal that used to be $10 was now $15. I have my limit for what I think is a fair price for anything and these prices are beginning to exceed that. We had a nice waitress but she was not paying attention to what we asked for. I asked for water with lemon. The water arrived without lemon. I asked for the lemon to be brought to me. Still no lemon. When I ordered my food, I asked for tartar sauce. The meal arrived without tartar sauce. I asked for it to be brought to me. After 5 minutes there was still no lemon and tartar sauce. She breezed by and said, "Oh, you need lemon and tartar sauce". After five minutes more it still had not arrived. Finally, I asked an unknown person wearing a white shirt and black pants. For all I know he was a customer, but he did bring me what I needed. At the end of the meal I had 20 tiny shrimp leftover. I lined them up in a row of 4 x 5, for no other reason than boredom. I asked for a take home box and when the waitress came over she said she would put it into the box for me. As she lifted the plate I said, "Could you please put the shrimp into the box in the exact order that I have them lined up in". She froze and looked petrified as the shrimp slid haphazardly into the box. After a second I said that I was only joking but bringing me lemon was a much easier request and should have been done an hour ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment