About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Not Me

I handle almost every problem in my office. Sometimes patients demand to speak to the director. I had this request yesterday. One patient's father seemed to have "forgotten" that I told him his daughter's visits were not covered by insurance. She had no out of network benefits when she started so it did not matter. Somewhere along the way he decided to change benefits and never notified me.  He called me in a very agitated state when his insurance denied the claim. I explained to him that it was his responsibility to notify me of any changes. He got angrier and angrier and finally asked to talk to the director. I took a message for her. When I let her know that this man was expecting her call, she looked at me with fear in her eyes and said she would not call him. She doesn't like confrontation. I would think that a psychologist would know how to handle that. Now the problem is back in my court and I need to calm down a very upset man. I think I will offer him some sort of refund. I think that a bit of money can easily solve the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment