About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Figure It Out

Last week I purchased a gift for a friend. A few days later the item went on sale so I decided to go back to the store and have my account credited for the difference. I have every store receipt for items going back to 1980 but for some reason I could not locate this one. Murphy's Law. I know that this store can backtrack through the credit card so I knew there would be no problem. That would have been the case had the customer service girls not been lazy. When I got up to the counter and explained that I did not have the receipt for the gift, they asked me if I had the gift with me. I said I did not. Then they asked for the receipt again and I said I still did not have it. Then they looked so puzzled. They said they could not do anything without the item. Now it became my responsibility to teach the girls their job. I explained to them in short clear sentences how to look up the item, get the SKU number, slide my credit card and voila, the purchase appeared on their register screen. They were able to credit back the correct amount. As far as I know, I have never been employed at Bed, Bath and Beyond, but I knew how to do a price adjustment. It is not because I am so smart...or bright...but because I used common sense and deductive reasoning. I guess this skill was not taught in their training.

No comments:

Post a Comment