About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Happily Unhappy

I am slowly coming to the realization that some people will never be happy. Maybe being chronically unhappy makes them happy. They must be getting something out of their unhappiness or otherwise they would change. Yesterday was the last straw on the camel's back for me as far as hiring an assistant for Dr. Farbissiner.  If you are not familiar with the word farbissiner, it means sullen, mean or embittered. There is no pleasing this woman. After she insulted three of my staff to their faces, we tried a last ditch effort to hire someone she would like. I interviewed a wonderful woman with 26 consecutive years as an executive administrative assistant in a college. She was smart, friendly, tech savvy and all around great. My boss loved her, but Dr. Farbissiner brought her negative energy into the meeting and soured things. After the interview the applicant asked to speak with me. She told me that she loved me and my boss but the other doctor was not impressed with her. She said that she never had that response from anyone. She said she would love to work for me and my boss but she could tell that the other doctor was unhappy with herself so she could never be happy with anyone else. I agreed. This morning I will find out what my boss's impression of the meeting was and if we could still hire this woman. As far as pleasing Dr Farbissiner, my attitude is "stick a fork in me, I am done".

No comments:

Post a Comment