About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Sounding Board

At one time in our lives, we have all needed one. A Sounding Board. That one person in our lives that we can call and vent our thoughts to. Most of the time those thoughts will be totally irrational. Otherwise we would not need a Sounding Board. They will let us yell and say things that do not make sense, because they know that it is making us feel better. The qualifications for a good Sounding Board is someone who will listen and not comment on the nonsense they are being told. They know that the next day all of the information you are telling them will be irrelevant so they cannot judge you on it. They need the ability to just say "mmm" and "uh huh" and if your ranting is really emotional, they are bound to agree with you. That is part of the job. The next day when you are feeling better, they have to disregard everything that they heard.

1 comment:

  1. I read your message. Now I know what you mean. I'm hear to listen and zip my mouth.

    ReplyDelete