About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

On Point

We live in a "points" world. Every purchase we make involves points. Airline points, hotel points, gas points and even cash back points. If we buy items, we want to make sure we are getting something back in return. The other day, I actually "bought points". I was making a hotel reservation and asked how many Marriott points I had. I had accrued 10,000 points. The hotel that I wanted to make reservations in has a value of 15,000 points, in order to get a one night stay for free. If I paid for the room, it would have been $139. If I used AAA discount, it would have been $115. The representative then offered to "sell me points". I had never done this before. She said that 1000 points cost $12.50. I could buy the remaining 5000 points that I needed for a free stay, for $62.50. I bought them. Now the room will only cost me $62.50 for the one night stay. I bought something intangible. I will never see it or touch it but it saved me $76.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment