About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Sleepless In New York

I have not slept a full night since May 2,1980. I am serious about that. I was blessed with babies that slept 2 hours at a time. Maybe they just loved me so much, they needed to see my face throughout the night. Either that, or they were just very hungry babies. Once they passed the baby stage, one of them became a sleep walker. Once he passed that stage, they napped during the day after school and went to sleep very late at night. Then they woke up early for school. The house was never quiet. Even though I had a house alarm, I did not need it. There was never a time when everyone was asleep. Someone was always watching out.When my sons grew up, they chose to work evenings. I could never really rest unless they were safe and sound in their rooms. Once they moved out, my body was so accustomed to that poor sleep pattern, that a sound sleep was not an option. I guess people can really survive on 3 hour of sleep a night. I have been doing it for 31 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment