About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

366

I did it! Last April 24, 2011, I started Shelby's Perfect World. It was a test of my fortitude and commitment. I promised myself that I would write this blog, every day, for one year. Never miss a day, no matter what. This year had 366 days, my luck. I wrote when I was on vacation. I wrote on my sons' wedding day. I wrote it when my father had a heart attack. Every morning at 6am, I turned on my computer and wrote. I tried to write about a different topic each day. Three hundred and sixty six stories. My life. My thoughts. The goal was to write for one year and then turn it into a book for my children to have as a memento. The blog has been read almost 14,000 times. People from all over the world have read it. Some from countries so remote that I actually had to Google them to find out what corner of the Earth they live in. I have had some consistent views from certain countries. Russia reads the blog daily and each morning I look to see if they have checked in. I feel like the Russian readers are my friends and feel happy seeing that they have spent a few minutes with me each day. I only planned to write for one year and stop. I did not think anyone would read it. But just like exercise, my blog has become a routine that is good for my health. I will continue writing and hope I never run out of things to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment