About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Odd Man Out

I never continue a blog for 2 days, so this will be a first. Yesterday I went to the Baby Shower. I came one hour late, only to find that everyone else came 2 1/2 hours late. Out of the almost 100 people there, only 2 were American. I was one of the two. The rest were Jamaican. After socializing for a bit, the buffet opened. Behind each tray was one of the mother to be's friends or relatives. They were helping to serve the food. I got on line, got my plate and cutlery and moved along down the line. First was the rice. The woman spooned a portion out onto my plate. Next was the chicken. Another woman placed a piece on my plate. The third food station is where the problem began. This woman looked at me and turned away to look at the next person in line. I kept looking at her until she looked back. I said "I will have some of that" as I pointed to the dish. She replied "That is Ox Tail". I said "I know". She replied" It is Ox Tail". I replied "I know". Then she gave me a speck of meat. I guess she thought I did not know what ox tail was, so she did not want to waste it. I said "I will have a bit more, please". She gave me more and looked at me as if I was strange. As I walked away, I realized that I was "Food Profiled". I guess she thought that blond haired, blue eyed people don't eat ox!

No comments:

Post a Comment