About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Name Dropper

This afternoon, I will go to my annual doctors appointment. The office staff is very pleasant, but there is one woman in particular that is too pleasant. She has a very kind manner and is very soft spoken. The only thing that I find irritating, is that she is a "name caller". Not the kind that calls you bad names. This kind that repeats your name, after each sentence. How are you today, Susan. Come into the exam room, Susan. Put on the paper gown, Susan. The doctor will be with you in a few minutes, Susan. She does this to each patient, from the time they enter the office, until the time she says, "See you in a year, Susan". I do not know why I find this so annoying. Maybe, it is the repetition, or the fact that I see no purpose in repeating a word that is not necessary. It is a good thing that this doctor does not take my blood pressure. It would probably be quite high, after hearing my name repeated a dozen times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment