About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

What's Her Name

What constitutes disrespect? That was the argument we had in work last week. One of our doctors has a patient who cannot or will not remember the doctors name. Each time she calls for an appointment she says, "can I have an appointment with what's her name". Since we know who she is speaking about we make the appointment. For some reason, this irks one of my receptionists and she decided to train this woman to learn the doctors name. A few days ago, when we got the call asking for "what's her name", my receptionist said "who"? The patients kept repeating "what's her name" and my receptionist kept saying "who". After going back and forth a few times the woman said "you know....the dark skinned girl". Well....those were fighting words. My receptionist said "your doctors name is Dr K.......... and how dare you refer to her as the dark skinned girl". The appointment was made and the patient hung up. Two minutes later the patient called back and said "I know my doctors name. I am not a dummy", and hung up again. The next day when the patient had to ask a question, she referred to the doctor by her name. I guess you can teach old dogs, new tricks. You just have to care enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment