About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

All The News

I have been getting my newspaper delivered for over 25 years. In the 80's it was delivered by a young girl. The paper was always on the front stoop and she came by once a week to pick up payment. Then it was delivered by a young boy. The paper was usually on the front stoop and he came by once a week for payment. After him, the paper began to be delivered by an anonymous car. I was lucky if it was in the near proximity of my house. Payment was now made through the mail. I guess if you do not have to actually come face to face with a customer, you do not need to do the job right. One year, after the snow thawed, I found a paper from 2 months prior. I had a friend who used to have to search for her paper each day. One day it was in the driveway, one day in the bushes, one day on the front curb. After weeks of searching for her paper, when the paper boy came by to pick up his weekly payment, it was not in the mailbox, as usual. He rang the bell and asked where it was. She said "It is out there, somewhere. Go search for it like I do every morning". He looked and looked and finally found it in the bushes. From that day on, her paper was on her front stoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment