About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

No More Speaker Phone

I never use speaker phone. To me, speaker phone is just a way of saying that while I am talking to you, I have other more important things to do. I do not like to split my attention with ten other chores. You can always tell if someone is on speaker phone. The person either sounds five miles away or like they are under water. When I make a phone call and hear that unmistakable speaker phone sound, I will ask the person if they are using it. When they say that they are, I always ask to be taken off speaker phone so that I can continue the call. Most of the time people do this. Sometimes they tell me that they have but really did not. Do they think that I cannot tell? When this happens, I start to talk in a whisper, so that they can no longer hear me. Within a few seconds they discontinue speaker phone and pick up the handset. If you have other important things to do when I call, don't pick up the phone. Let it go to messaging and return my call later. I do not like telephone multi-phone taskers.

No comments:

Post a Comment