About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Bowling for the Holiday

Today Is Easter. I wish everyone who observes it, a happy holiday. Commercially, Easter used to be a sacred holiday. When I first moved into my neighborhood, every store was closed on Easter Sunday. Every one, except the bowling alley. I never quite understood why they stayed open. I guess for the people that did not celebrate. For me, Easter was a day to do nothing and just relax, since there was no where to go, other than the bowling alley. Now, things are different. Every store is open. They have been open on this day for over 20 years. Who was the person that decided that a holiday that used to be sacred, was no longer that important. Even though I do not celebrate Easter, I still think that it should be treated as a special day. When the stores chose to make it like any other shopping day, they showed disrespect. Even though I have my choice to shop anywhere I want today, I will not. I will just do nothing and just relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment