About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Whose Baby

Today I am going to a Baby Shower. I love parties of any kind. Here is the only problem. I have no idea who these people are. I do not know the mother to be. Nor do I know the father to be. I was invited by the father, who ever he is. The invitation was given to my husband from a man he somehow knows from work. In 32 years, I have never heard of this man. Years ago, a baby shower was women only. It was an intimate group of friends, wishing the new mom well. Today, they are extravaganzas. A cross between a sweet sixteen and a wedding. The last one I attended, also through my husbands workplace, had a DJ. The music was so loud that I expected the baby to be born that night, from the vibrations of the music. This party is called for 3pm. I will not leave my house until 3:30pm. The last few parties that I attended with this group of people, were not on time. I arrived at the time stated on the invitation. No one else showed up for at least 1 1/2 hours later. I mean no one. Not the guest of honor or any guests. I have learned my lesson, time wise. I am sure I will have fun today. I might be eating strange foods but I am sure they will taste good. Any party, celebrating a baby, is a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment