About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Postcards

I went to my parent's house yesterday to help them sort things out before their trip back to Florida next week. Their basement is a treasure chest of assorted items. Big, small, old, older and nostalgic, they have it all. A personal family museum. You never know what special find you will uncover. Yesterday, I hit a jackpot. My father took out a box of old postcards. Some of them were lithography type cards and some of them cards from old hotels. They dated back as far as 1906. While rifling through them, I came across a few special ones. They were postcards that were written by my grandmother to my father, when my grandparents were in Florida in the 1950's. I had never seen her handwriting and never knew that she wrote in English. My grandfather only wrote in Yiddish. Each card asked how the children were and told about the good time they were having. I took a few of them home. I now have another bit of family history and will cherish it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment