About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, May 25, 2018

Silent Letters

The English language is odd. Last night I ate lamb chops for dinner. Lamm chops. Why is there a "b" at the end of the word? I also bought filet mignon steaks at the same time I purchased the lamB chops. Fil-lay min-yon. The T and the G are unnecessary. Who put them there? I call a plummer when my pipes leak. I never say plum-Ber. There must be some rhyme and reason for these letters being there and it has nothing to do with us mispronouncing them. The word almonds is usually pronounced as ahmonds but many people do say it correctly. It is the same with the word "often". People say "offen" but I actually say ofTen. It is a crazy language for a bunch of crazy people.

No comments:

Post a Comment