About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, October 25, 2020

The Gift

Yesterday my son gave me my 65th birthday gift a bit early. He said it was going to be a thoughtful gift that I could never imagine. He was correct. A few years back, my father gave me a stained glass window. This was an original pane from the front window of their house. It was a bird on a branch with the blue sky behind it. It had an air vent in it. Most people replaced it in the 1960's with clear glass. He kept it all of these years. Since my father said to keep it, I did. I mentioned the window to my son. He said he would like it, so I gave it to him. Last night he gave me my gift. He cut the main picture from the window and had it professionally framed for me. He said that way I would always have a piece of my parent's house. I cried when I saw it. It was truly the most thoughtful gift I ever received.

No comments:

Post a Comment