About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Home

 After a few years of not writing, I decided to try again. Many life changes have taken place since the last time I posted. I am not the same person. I feel that I am the best version of myself now. Today I wanted to speak about the concept of home. What is home? At one time or another we have all said that we want to go home. Is home a place or is home a feeling? It is a little bit of both as they go hand in hand. I grew up in a home with wonderful parents. Home meant security, safety and love. When I got married and had children, home meant the feeling that I nurtured and loved my family to make sure they would continue their lives with the skills I passed on to them. After they left and my parents died, home never had that warm feeling again. I had to relocated to find a home that would make me happy again. I was lucky to do that. The community I live in and the new friends I have made, make this third rendition of home a place I feel content. We carry our homes on our backs like a traveler carries his suitcase. It is packed with things that are most important to us and wherever we unpack it, becomes home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment