About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Take A Stand

Yesterday I took a stand. My office has been involved in a drug study for the past 18 months. We are doing the FDA study for a new medication. Every 6 months a monitor from the drug company is sent to review our books. After I got to work yesterday, I was told that the monitor was coming in. It dawned on me that she lives in Delaware and that is a state that has a 14 day quarantine for anyone entering New York State. I called my boss and voiced my concerns. If I am near a person from a "Covid" state, I could be jeopardizing my father's health when I see him. She gave me a few reasons why it would be fine for the monitor to be here. None of them were plausible. I decided to take a stand and protect my family. At 9:30am I gathered my things and walked out of my office. I demanded that a cleaning crew come at night and sterilize the office. The crew was called. I will return to work this morning, feeling safe. I will not compromise my family's health for any job.

No comments:

Post a Comment