About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, October 18, 2019

Fake It

There is an expression, "Fake it until you make it". I am trying that with one of my receptionists. She is a smart girl that has potential to work her way up to management. I really like her so I am helping train her. Whether or not she remains with my office, I want to train her to be management anywhere. I have instructed her to always say yes when she is asked if she knows how to do something by my boss. Then she should call me so I can tell her how to do it. The system is working well because I see that she is beginning to learn things without asking me. She is smart enough to figure some things out for herself. My boss called her yesterday to tell her that she wants to hear how she talks to potential new patients when they call for information. She has never done that so she called me to ask what to do. Monday, I will teach her all of the necessary informational points that she will need to "role play" with my boss next week. I am glad that I am at the age where I am not in fear of someone taking over my job. In fact, I welcome it.

No comments:

Post a Comment