About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

It is another Memorial Day. The weather is sunny and cool and later on the scent of barbeques will be in the air. When I first moved into this neighborhood, over 30 years ago, I went to the town parade. We saw the WWll Veterans, the Korean War Veterans, the Jewish War Veterans and the Vietnam Veterans, all walking proudly on the parade route. I used to look for the veteran I named "General Patton" as he wore a helmet. Thirty years ago he must have been in late 60's, at least. Each year the veterans looked older and one by one they disappeared. The parade felt different, as our history was fading away. This year I do not think I will go. It will be too sad to see the older veterans missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment