About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Unlikely Friends

Friendship comes in all sizes. It transcends age, religion and social background. A few years ago, I met a young doctor who is my younger son's age. We met at a time in her life when she needed a shoulder to cry on. In her professional life, she needed to be the strong, sensible person, but in her personal life she needed to have someone she could get unconditional support from. I became that person. Sometimes I feel like my shoulders are made of Kleenex, because they always become the ones to cry on. That is okay though, because that is what a good friend is for. I stuck with her through her hard times and she became one of the closest friends I have. I am glad I weathered the storm with her, because when the clouds parted there was a beautiful rainbow at the other end.

No comments:

Post a Comment