About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, October 16, 2014

One Day

In 1963, Nat "King" Cole had a hit song named "That Sunday, That Summer".  The first line of the song is, "If I had to choose just one day, to live my whole life through, it would surely be.....". He ended the line saying, "That Sunday, the day that I met you". At my lectures I ask that question. It is intended to provoke a happy memory that you can refer to when things seem sad. Last week, in a lecture on happiness, I asked the question and went around the room asking for answers. Two people could not think of anything. I asked them to think more about it this week so they would have an answer. People recounted trips, births, weddings, graduations. As each one told their choice, they were smiling and had a peaceful look in their eye. Those thoughts comforted them. What day would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment