About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Just Quiet

I received a call from a potential patient a few days ago. I asked my normal intake questions and got to the one that asks why they are coming here. The man said that people think he is depressed. I asked if he thought he was depressed and he said no. Then I asked why other people would think that. He said that he is a quiet type of person and would rather sit and take in a situation than talk a lot. His friends are seeing this as depression. He is seeing it as just being quiet. He said he is a happy guy who loves life, but just doesn't say a lot. In the end he never booked an appointment because after our conversation he realized that there was nothing really wrong with him in the first place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment