About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, May 25, 2020

Memorial Day

Memorial Day is a holiday to remember the brave men and women who have lost their lives while serving in the US military. It is marked with parades and barbecues. It is a day to celebrate memories. This Memorial Day has a second meaning. It is a day to remember the lives that have been lost in another war, the war against a virus. If in February you would have told the many healthy people and their families that they would not be here this Memorial Day, they would not have believed you. We expect healthy lives to be lost in wartime. We do not expect healthy lives to be lost to a sudden deadly virus.Today looks like a grey day. I am glad it is not sunny outside. I am not in a sunny mood. I know many people who have become sick and were hospitalized from the virus. They are the lucky ones who are alive today. I know second hand about the deaths. Some of us will get together with family today. Some of us are still too cautious to gather.

No comments:

Post a Comment