About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, May 28, 2020

S and X

My problem is that I listen too carefully when people speak. By doing that, I pick up the wrong pronunciations of common words. Some words are constantly being said the wrong way and no one corrects the person. I would, if they were in front of me and not on the television screen. Last night I heard two people, on two different shows, mispronounce the same word incorrectly. The word was "especially". They said "expecially". Just like espresso and expresso. One is coffee and the other is being in a rush. Where did the S go? Then to make it worse, someone was interviewed about where they purchase food and they said at the gro-sher-ry. When did a "shh" sound slip into the word gro-sir-rey? I have learned to be calm when "Ask" is turned into "Aks". Time to go to work. See yuz lata.

No comments:

Post a Comment