About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Drive Thru Healthcare

I am the biggest fan of Urgent Care. It is like a fast food restaurant. You get what you need quickly and leave happy. Yesterday my ear hurt. In the past I would have waited for it to be very painful before I went to the doctor. A doctor's visit means sitting and waiting for an hour to be seen. My doctor is 1/2 hour away so the total time spent on getting looked at is approximately 2 hours. With urgent care, I go to a state of the art facility. I check in and before I can sit down I am called. I have been going to my local City MD for a few years so the quick wait it consistent. My vital signs are taken by an assistant and within five minutes a doctor sees me. My prescription is electronically sent across the street and is waiting for me to pick up. The total turn around time for yesterday's visit was about a half hour. I left my house at 4:15pm and arrived back home by 4:50pm. That is how medical care should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment