About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Mar(t)y Poppins

Last night I went to a concert in the park. It was the first one I went to this summer. Blondie was appearing and the crowd started to arrive early in the afternoon. You bring your own chairs and blankets so getting prime space takes effort. I arrived at 5:45pm and the crowd was already up a hill and to the side. My husband was insistent on being upfront and started to roam the area to find an empty bit of space. This is totally against concert etiquette. We were with my sister and she was mortified when he started to open four chairs in front of people. They began to yell at her that they had been there since 3pm and we had no right to do that. She and I were going to move away and abandon my husband when he saw one more tiny opening. He opened the chairs again and then Mar(t)y Poppins appeared. His name was Rick and I think he was sent from heaven. He rearranged all of his chairs and coolers to make us more space. He then proceeded to make my husband a Bloody Mary. He offered us food and cookies. He showed us all of his gadgets which were amazing. He had a neck fan, a portable air conditioner for his girlfriend, a beacon/cooler/charger, a survival bracelet with screwdrivers, flints and openers, a backpack tent and a trampoline chair. He had many more items that I cannot even remember. He just kept pulling things out of a bag. He was the nicest guy we ever met. He looked to be in his early thirties and was a lawyer by trade and a Coast Guard volunteer for fun. I gave his girlfriend one of the bracelets that I sell as a thank you. When the concert was over we hugged and kissed him goodbye. He was a one in a million find.

No comments:

Post a Comment