About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, August 18, 2017

Negotiations

It never hurts to ask. I learned that yesterday. My boiler company came for the yearly clean up. The repairman said that we need a new expansion tank. Since I was not home my husband okayed the repair. Rookie move. I never say okay to a repair until I negotiate a rate. Now I had to backtrack, as the man was already installing the tank. I called the company and told them that this was not an "authorized" repair even though my husband's name was on the account. I am the one that needs to say it is good to go. I said that I did not agree with the price and was very unhappy. The representative lowered the price, but not enough. I asked for his supervisor and he said that the price was as low as the company would go. I said he could do better. After going back and forth, he did do better. I got a $75 discount. Now I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment