About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Kind Words

Most people do not realize how a few kind words can change an encounter. Yesterday I went with my mother to a doctor consultation. She has to have a procedure done and was a bit apprehensive about it. As soon as we entered the exam room, a medical assistant came in to talk to us. The moment she opened her mouth kind words came out. She called my mother "honey" and "darling" with a sweet sincere tone. Within one minute my mother's demeanor went from fear to calm. She immediately relaxed and began to have a conversation with the assistant. After a few minutes the doctor walked in and she was just as nice as her assistant. At one point my mother said that they should close the office for the day and we should all go to lunch. They seemed more like friends than medical providers. My mother left the office confident that the procedure would be an easy one. Just a few kind words turned the day around.

No comments:

Post a Comment