About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Everyone and No One

Everyone knew it. No one said anything. Over the past few weeks we are seeing news articles about harassment. If everyone knew, why didn't anyone speak? That is a question that will haunt society forever. It shows human nature at its worst. To see and not say. It is a self protective defense mechanism. Seeing it does not hurt you. Talking about it might. We allow others to get hurt, hoping we will not. I can't say it is right or wrong because the decision to speak up is an emotional one. Emotions are not always rational. That is why they are emotions. Eventually there is one person strong enough to speak. That is when other people will say, "Me too". The "I saw it" person can speak up with their head held high. The "me too" person has their head bowed a bit because they allowed other "me too's" to be hurt. There is no right or wrong. Humans are just wired this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment