About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Machine Malfunction

When I walked into work yesterday, my bookkeeper was in a rage. She has been trying to settle the checkbook for a week and nothing matched. Finally she realized that the credit card deposits were off. Immediately she began to rant that the new doctor went to the bank and closed the account. I told her to stop yelling and take a moment to think calmly. There was no way that the new doctor could have closed her credit card merchant account. She does not know the account number and the only way to do that is through me. After settling her down, I made a phone call and found out what happened. The answer was quite unsettling. It seems that our credit card machine had a malfunction and for one month was depositing the new doctor's money into another doctor's bank account. Thankfully it was one of our doctors. The bank has no idea why this happened and now the question is bumped up to a senior bank analyst. Just the fact that this could even happen makes me worry. Nothing is really secure anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment