About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Sew Resourceful

Yesterday I went through my closet and saw a leather jacket that I had not worn since last season. I went to put it on and noticed that one button was very loose, almost hanging. It needed to be sewn back before I wore the jacket. I got my sewing kit and realized that I needed to thread a needle. Since my cataract surgery, I have monovision. I can see far with my right eye and near with my left eye. That way when the eyes combine I do not need reading glasses. The only downside is that for very close work, I cannot see. I can't use reading glasses as one eye is already a reading vision eye. I tried and tried to thread the needle but it was impossible. I saw a needle already threaded but it had white thread and it was a black coat. In my desperation to sew the button, I decided to use the white thread. After it was sewn, I took a black marker and colored in the white thread. It looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment