About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Fashion Police

This morning I got dressed for work and wore a black and white striped top. I looked like I was in prison. Then I realized that was no longer prison attire. When the black and white striped prison garb was first introduced, it must have had a meaning. It was not a random fashion style. It meant that you were behind bars in the building and behind bars in your clothes. There was no mistaking your place in society. If you were working outside, everyone saw what you were. Over the years, and I am not sure when, someone decided to upgrade the dress code. It now ranges from orange, to grey to khaki jumpsuits. There may be a variance from state to state or county to federal, but they are all solid. I liked the idea of fashion relating to status. I think that we should all be color coded.  Nasty people should be forced to wear brown. Mean people need to wear grey. Kind people would be dressed in floral. That way you know who you are dealing with before the encounter begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment