About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Words As Weapons

Words are more powerful than weapons. They cut deeper and the scars last longer. Weapons cut into your body but words cut into your soul. Sometimes I wonder if the people that hurt with words are truly aware of how they are affecting the person they are directed at. One of my receptionists told me about a story that one of the doctors was recounting to the staff. One of the words that she used was very inappropriate. She could have had a choice of other words to replace it, but she chose to use it repeatedly. These words impacted a staff member. Everyone heard what was being said, but as our nature is, no one spoke up. People reeled in silence as the story went from bad to worse. Until the person who was affected comes to tell me, I cannot do anything. It is her choice to do so and I hope she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment