About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day

It is finally Labor Day, the unofficial end of summer. Technically, summer ends in late September, but as far as most people are concerned, today is the last day. We define summer by vacations, pools, beaches, picnics and relaxation. This week, teachers return to work. As I sat at the pool yesterday, I heard my friends lament about "going back" to work. I interrupted and said, "Imagine how I feel. I never left". They all looked at me and shook their heads. While they slept late, I went to work. While they lounged around, I went to work. While they took walks, I sat in traffic. Considering they had 10 weeks off, they shouldn't complain. They always back up their complaints with the theory that being around children is hard work. I work with adults and that is no walk in the park either. Every job is work. Most do not only require you to be there about 100 days a year. So, pack away the white shoes and pants, take a deep breath and start a new semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment