About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pulling Together

Today is the first day of school for most districts in my county. The department of education seems to be one of the most disorganized I have ever seen. Last spring, my daughter in law was laid off. Her job title was eliminated. Over the summer she did not hear from her school district. Yesterday afternoon, at 2:15pm they called her and asked her back. She needed to let them know by 3pm. She called me and asked if I could watch the baby for 1 hour a day. I agreed to that and then she called the school to accept the job. She starts this morning. How could a school district not know that an employee was needed until the last second? She had called personnel the previous week and was told there were no jobs. How do they expect a person to rearrange their lives on a moments notice? In her case, the family pulled together. What happens when you do not have a support system?

No comments:

Post a Comment