About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

What's In Your Wallet?

Our wallet is our life. It carries information that tells the world about us. It holds our identity. It holds our medical plans. It holds our finances, in both cash and credit. It holds our family pictures. When we know where it is, we are secure. When we lose it, we are devastated. This morning I was cleaning out my pool bag. I do this at the end of each summer and start fresh the next year. As I got to the bottom of the bag, I saw a wallet. It was not mine. I opened it up and saw that it belonged to a friend. It seems that he must have thrown it into my bag yesterday, thinking he was putting it into his wife's bag. It was 7am and I pondered how early I should call their house. I could just imagine the moment when he realized it was missing. Feeling that sinking pit in his stomach, knowing that he would need to cancel credit cards and have his driver's license reissued. I waited until 7:45am to place the call. It seems he never even knew it was missing. Crisis averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment