About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Crepes

For some reason I am in the mood for crepes. Not the store bought kind but the homemade ones. Years ago my mother made the best blintzes. We called the crepes "bletels". I have never had blintzes taste as good as hers did, so today I will try to recreate them. I will make cheese ones, mushroom ones and maybe even seafood ones. I remembered a restaurant in the 1980's called Magic Pan. That is all they served. Lines were out the door waiting to have them. Any type that they made were delicious. They went out of business years ago but I am not sure why. I think that a chef was badly burned by the oil and sued them, but I could be remembering a rumor. All I know is that a well made crepe is absolutely wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment