About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, January 9, 2017

Wrong Waze

I went to a party yesterday afternoon. A friend did the driving. We were going 10 miles north of my house. I knew the general way, up until the last few streets. If I was the driver, I would have looked at a map and known which streets to turn down. My friend used her Waze app. We got there fine. When we left, my instinct was to reverse direction and backtrack. She said that Waze would do the thinking. I knew it was wrong at the first turn. I would have gone right, but Waze went left. Instead of heading south we were heading east along the back roads. I politely mentioned that this looked wrong as we were now too far east and the connecting south roads were leading us to other towns. My friend then said that it should be right as she entered her address into the system. That was her mistake. She was not going home. She was going to my house. Waze is not a mind reader. We were now miles away from the correct route and my friend didn't know how to reenter my address. I told her to shut off the Waze and I would be her "Suze" and direct her home. With a few lefts and rights we were back on track and home in 15 minutes. It is nice to have an app, but it is better to have a brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment