About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Mail

The new standard of sending mail has become email. Most people now pay bills that way. You are notified of the balance due via email and you pay electronically. I am still a paper mail person. Yesterday in work that theory was validated. Every year our malpractice insurance company mails me a bill via USPS and I pay it. For some reason my boss changed the best method of contact to email. That is where things went wrong. The company emailed her late October that the 2017 premium was due. Only she opens her personal mail, so I did not know they sent it. Since she gets many emails every day she probably overlooked it. Yesterday I received an "overdue" notice via USPS. I immediately opened it to find that our insurance had lapsed. I called the company and paid by credit card. My boss is away on a seminar but I used her credit card. I made the executive decision that insurance coverage was more important than permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment