About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Fiesta

Last night I celebrated my sister's birthday with the "Mah Jongg" girls. We went to a local Mexican restaurant. We were surprised that there was a line out the door at 6:00pm on a Tuesday evening. There was an even longer line as we left at 7:30pm. The atmosphere is great and the noise level is high. It is like being at a fiesta. We told the waiter that we were celebrating a birthday. At the end of the meal a group of waiters came to the table with a small flan with a candle in it. They put a sombrero on my sisters head and began to sing happy birthday in English and Spanish. At the end of the song they wanted to have her drink a shot of tequila from a bottle but she refused as she is not a drinker. When the bill came I noticed that they charged $9.95 for the "Birthday Flan". That was a bit unexpected as we wanted them to sing but did not need a dessert. Good thing she is not a drinker as we do not know the price of a shot of tequila.

No comments:

Post a Comment