About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, July 30, 2018

Elderly Neighbors

The house across the street from me is for sale. The people who live there are moving after about 25 years. I never liked them, but that is another story. As I see the young couples with small children looking at the house, I remember that years ago I was like them. My oldest son was 20 months old when we moved into my house. I remember my parents standing in the street as some elderly neighbors walked by to talk. They told us what a nice block this was and how their children grew up here. As they told their story I could see the happiness on their faces remembering their youthful days as young parents. They seemed so old to me. If I do the math, they were probably in their late 50's but they seemed old. When a new family moves in, I will be that elderly neighbor telling stories of years gone by.

No comments:

Post a Comment