About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, July 15, 2018

The Complainer

I have a pool friend who is a complainer. She complains about everything. Her complaints always start with the phrase, " I never complain, but...", and then the long complaint follows. She complains about people doing things that she also does. Somehow when she or her family does these things it is okay. At the town pool yesterday, she was complaining about a man who was playing music. The music was actually nice but she had to run over to two lifeguards to ask them to reprimand the man. They both ignored her. She sat down again and kept complaining. Without realizing I could be heard I said, "Oh my God", in a loud voice. It startled her. She asked what was wrong. I told her that for someone who says she has high blood pressure, she should stop working herself up about other people. She was a bit taken aback. A few minutes later she walked over to the music playing man and told him to shut the music off. She has been lucky that no one has ever punched her in the face after one of her confrontations. Maybe if someone did, it would end her complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment