About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Miscommunication

My boss returned to the office after a one month vacation. She met the new receptionist and thought she was very nice and personable. Then she started to assign her tasks without being very clear. She doesn't understand that the rest of the staff knows how to deal with her rapid fire instructions but a new girl needs to learn. Two out of two tasks were done wrong. I heard what my boss wanted done and then heard how it was done incorrectly. One was a mix up of UPS and Fex Ed. The other was a mix up of which brown chairs belonged where. I fixed both the problems but needed to review the errors with the new girl. I explained to her that if she was not 100% clear about the tasks, she could question the boss for more specific details. It is better to question and be right, than assume and be wrong. Hopefully things go smoothly from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment