About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, July 7, 2018

The Roses

When I called my son to tell him that his grandmother has passed away, he informed me that a bouquet of roses was on its way to her. They were sent to cheer her up and were delivered the day after her passing. Even though I was on Long Island, I returned to Brooklyn the next day to retrieve the roses. They were meant for my mother and I could not bear the thought that they would wilt on the front porch. I took them home and they were perfect. Each bud was still closed and perfectly formed. I placed them in a vase and displayed them for everyone to see. It is almost three weeks later and they are still as perfect as the day they arrived. The buds never opened and they have dried out. This morning I decided to seal them with silicone spray. I took them outside and sprayed each flower in the arrangement still grouped as a bouquet. They look like porcelain roses. They look like they were handcrafted in a ceramic shop. They are still outside drying. I will keep them as a memento to remind me of a beautiful thought for a beautiful woman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment