About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Mr. Right Now

Once again we are hiring for a receptionist position. The last one walked out after being told she was not doing something right. It makes it easier for me because I was going to fire her anyway. She decreased her hours from 20 to 5 and we tried to accommodate her, but it just was not working out. We interviewed a nice young man and although he did not have medical office experience, he had a solid educational background and was very personable. He could have been molded into the employee that we need. He then interviewed with the doctors and they thought he was nice, but a bit inexperienced. They interview as if it is a psychological consultation, which is not fair. When I asked if they would hire him, the response was, "I do not think his parents would want him to only work part time". What? His parents? What kind of dumb ass answer is that? He is a 22 year old college graduate. He is not in first grade and needs mommy and daddy's permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment